80 Quotes by Sri Chinmoy
Quotes on Peace
A moment's truth
Can and shall make the world beautiful.
A moment's peace
Can and shall save the world.
A moment's love
Can and shall make the world perfect.
Sri Chinmoy 1
Can be achieved
When the power of love
The love of power.
- Sri Chinmoy 2
"No price is too great to pay for inner peace."
- Sri Chinmoy 3
"If you have inner peace, nobody can force you to be a slave to the outer reality."
- Sri Chinmoy 4
If we can invoke Peace and then offer it to somebody else, we will see how Peace expands from one to two persons, and gradually to the world at large.
- Sri Chinmoy 5
- more: Quotes on peace
Quotes on Life
"To be true to oneself is the hardest test of life."
- Sri Chinmoy 6
"Life is effort." So says the body. "Life is blessing." So says the soul.
- Sri Chinmoy 7
Life is given to each human being
For a very special purpose.
This secret each human being
Must discover for himself.
- Sri Chinmoy 8
I did not come into the world
To prove anything.
I came into the world
To love everyone
Sri Chinmoy 9
More: quotes on life
Quotes on Love
"Hatred is a disguised form of love. You can only hate someone whom you really wish to love, because if you were totally indifferent to that person, you could not even get up enough energy to hate him."
- Sri Chinmoy 10
"If you really want to love humanity, then you have to love humanity as it is now."
- Sri Chinmoy 11
"Life is nothing but the expansion of love. We can cultivate divine love by entering into the Source. The Source is God, who is all Love."
- Sri Chinmoy 12
"Man is by nature a lover. Only he has yet to discover the real thing to love. This quest awakens him to the fulfillment of his real Self."
- Sri Chinmoy 13
"When your love is pure or spiritual, there is no demand, no expectation. There is only the sweetest feeling of spontaneous oneness with the human being or beings concerned."
- Sri Chinmoy 14
Love is not a thing to understand.
Love is not a thing to feel.
Love is not a thing to give and receive.
Love is a thing only to become
And eternally be.
- Sri Chinmoy 15
Is never afraid
Is always afraid
- Sri Chinmoy 16
True, this world of ours is full of hatred and disbelief, but that is no reason why we should not love and why we should not believe. We must love and believe in order to empty the hatred-sea.
- Sri Chinmoy 17
One word that wakes
Love, love, love!
- Sri Chinmoy 18
More: Quotes on love
Quotes on Hope
Hope is Eternity's slow, steady,
Illumining and fulfilling height.
- Sri Chinmoy 19
Hope is at once both simple and profound. It is hope that binds Heaven and earth. Hope is the bridge between Heaven and earth.
- Sri Chinmoy 20
No matter what happens,
Do not lose hope,
For once hope is gone,
Everything is gone.
- Sri Chinmoy 21
- Related: Short poems on Hope
Quotes on Religion
"There is no fundamental difference between one religion and another, because each religion embodies the ultimate Truth. Each religion is right, absolutely right, because each religion conveys the message of Truth in its own way."
- Sri Chinmoy 22
Man-made religions find fault with one another, whereas God-made religion is eternally a oneness-song — God-manifestation through human aspiration on earth.
- Sri Chinmoy 23
"If we live in our oneness-heart, we will feel the essence of all religions which is the love of God. Forgiveness, compassion, tolerance, brotherhood and the feeling of oneness are the signs of a true religion."
- Sri Chinmoy 24
More: quotes on religion
Quotes on God
God is beyond definition. But according to one's own vision or receptivity, one will define God in one's own way. Some will say that God is all Love. Others will say that God is all Power. Each one will see God according to his own necessity, his own receptivity and, finally, according to the way God wants him to see the ultimate Truth.
- Sri Chinmoy 25
There is no yawning gulf between man and God. Through his aspiration and meditation, Man can become conscious of his oneness with God.
- Sri Chinmoy 26
Everybody has God inside, but not everybody is able to see God within. One can see God only when one cries for Him. Those who cry for God and pray to God can realise God.
- Sri Chinmoy 27
Quotes on Gratitude
Is to discover on earth
A Heaven-delivered rose.
- Sri Chinmoy 28
"Gratitude is not a mere word; it is not a mere concept. It is the living breath of your real existence on earth."
- Sri Chinmoy 28
Quotes on Meditation
What is meditation? Meditation is our conscious awareness of something vast and infinite within us. Meditation grants us Peace, Light and Bliss.
- Sri Chinmoy 29
" Meditation speaks. It speaks in silence. It reveals. It reveals to the aspirant that matter and spirit are one, quantity and quality are one, the immanent and the transcendent are one. It reveals that life can never be the mere existence of seventy or eighty years between birth and death, but is, rather, Eternity itself."
- Sri Chinmoy 30
More Quotes on meditation by Sri Chinmoy
Quotes on Music
“Music knows no frontiers.
It is free all-where.
Its contribution to emotional integration,
Human and divine,
Can never be fathomed.”
- Sri Chinmoy 31
Music is the language of God. God's language, music, is not like mathematics or geometry. It is a language of love. If we love music, that is enough.
- Sri Chinmoy 32
Quotes on Spirituality
Spirituality is man's conscious longing for God. Spirituality tells us that God, who is unknowable today, will tomorrow become knowable and, the day after, will become totally known.
- Sri Chinmoy 33
Spirituality tells the seeker not to live in the hoary past, not to live in the remote future, but to live in the immediacy of today, in the eternal Now.
- Sri Chinmoy 33
A seeker's attempt to be better
Than he was yesterday.
- Sri Chinmoy 34
Science has the capacity to show mankind the full development of the mental life. Spirituality has the capacity to show mankind the possibility and inevitability of the life beyond the mind, the supramental life.
- Sri Chinmoy 35
Spirituality is the science that teaches us how to achieve peace of mind and supreme satisfaction. Right now we are hankering after many, many things, but nothing we get satisfies us. Spirituality tells us that satisfaction can be found only if we lead a good and divine life-a life of simplicity, purity and humility.
- Sri Chinmoy 36
The very nature of kindness
Is to spread.
If you are kind to others,
Today they will be kind to you,
And tomorrow to somebody else.
- Sri Chinmoy 37
We must every day try
To love the essential
And not the superficial.
- Sri Chinmoy 38
I do not pray for a safe road.
I pray for infinitely more courage
Than I now have.
- Sri Chinmoy 39
Always it is a great encouragement
To feel and realise
That the ultimate Truth
Can never, never tolerate
Sri Chinmoy 40
"Be kind, be all sympathy, for each and every human being is forced to fight against himself."
- Sri Chinmoy 41
Quotes on the World
"Is the world so unbearable? No! What we need is only a little more love for the world."
- Sri Chinmoy 42
You and I create the world by the vibrations that we offer to the world.
- Sri Chinmoy 5
“Only by our positive thinking,
By our bringing the positive qualities
Of others to the fore,
Will this world be able
To make progress.”
- Sri Chinmoy 43
"Do you want to change the world?
Then change yourself first.
Do you want to change yourself?
If so, remain completely silent
Inside the silence-sea."
- Sri Chinmoy 44
Quotes on Joy / Happiness
"If I have just one aim,
And if that aim is to be myself,
Then I am bound to discover joy,
True joy, eternal joy."
- Sri Chinmoy 45
You will get
What you like most.
You will be
What you like best.
- Sri Chinmoy 46
Do you want to be always happy?
Then give up fighting
And learn the beautiful art
Sri Chinmoy 47
Sri Chinmoy 48
Smile, my friends, my soulful friends, smile. Let us smile. True, this world of ours is full of suffering and excruciating pangs, but that is no reason why we should not smile.
Sri Chinmoy 17
Quotes on Self-Giving
"My life is only half full
When I receive.
My heart is completely full
Only when I give."
- Sri Chinmoy 49
"Every self-giving effort
Of every human being
Is needed to change
The fate of the world."
- Sri Chinmoy 50
And in self-giving we become really happy. Real humility is the expansion of our consciousness and our service.
- Sri Chinmoy 51
Quotes on Self-Transcendence
“I compete only with myself, and I try to become a better human being. This is my goal.”
- Sri Chinmoy 52
"I do not give up,
I never give up,
For there is nothing
In this entire world
That is irrevocably unchangeable."
- Sri Chinmoy 53
“What gives life its value if not its constant cry for self-transcendence?”
- Sri Chinmoy 54
The soul teaches the body
Never to accept
- Sri Chinmoy 55
"Who is the winner? Not he who wins but he who has established his cheerful oneness with the result, which is an experience in the form of failure or success, a journey forward or a journey backward."
- Sri Chinmoy 56
Quotes on Death
Whatever dies really does not die.
We see it not;
We feel that it has died.
Death is only another shore
Of the Reality-sea.
Death is only another way
To God-Reality's Shore.
- Sri Chinmoy 57
We fear death, the unknown.
Death fears us, the unknowable.
We fear death's necessity.
Death fears our Divinity.
- Sri Chinmoy 58
Death is not the end. Death can never be the end. Death is the road. Life is the traveller. The soul is the guide.
- Sri Chinmoy 59
Quotes on Progress
"What comes to me unmistakably is what I carefully 0r carelessly invite."
- Sri Chinmoy 60
I do not compete
With the rest of the world.
I compete only with myself,
For my progress is my true victory.
- Sri Chinmoy 61
Do not cherish suffering. Don't act like a fool. Don't think that your suffering is going to accelerate your spiritual progress.
- Sri Chinmoy 62
What is realisation? Realisation is my conscious and constant sailing with my Inner Pilot in His Golden Boat towards the uncharted land, where sooner than at once beauty, divinity and Immortality seeds grow into the richest harvest.
- Sri Chinmoy 63
Arise, awake! This path is arduous. So we learn from the wise, and we have to follow in the footsteps of the wise. The path of spirituality is not a bed of roses. But neither is it a chimerical mist. The Golden Shores of the Beyond are not a mere promise. The crown of human aspiration is bound to be fulfilled on the Golden Shores of the Beyond.
- Sri Chinmoy 64
Quotes on Consciousness
Paradise is not a place; it is a state of consciousness.
- Sri Chinmoy 65
Consciousness is the inner spark or inner link in us, the golden link within us that connects our highest and most illumined part with our lowest and most unillumined part. Consciousness is the connecting link between Heaven and earth.
- Sri Chinmoy 66
Each individual has to know himself. He has to know himself as the infinite, eternal and immortal Consciousness.
- Sri Chinmoy 7
This divine Compassion is spontaneous Delight. In it there is no feeling of separativity, no feeling that one is superior and the other is inferior. No! It is a feeling of oneness.
- Sri Chinmoy 67
Quotes on Criticism
How to overcome destructive criticism? Just love a little more. That's all.
- Sri Chinmoy 68
Is a necessary light.
Is an unnecessary burden.
- Sri Chinmoy 69
Negativity and criticism
Will eventually be losers
In the battlefield of life.
- Sri Chinmoy 70
O my mind,
Do you really want peace?
Then shun competition-comparison,
World-criticism and self-criticism.
- Sri Chinmoy 71
Quotes on Spiritual Qualities
When we seek appreciation from others, we get not appreciation, but flattery.
- Sri Chinmoy 51
One who has an inferiority complex can never be really humble, but can only have false modesty or false humility.
- Sri Chinmoy 51
Sacrifice does not mean that, by giving, we lose something. We sacrifice our limited self to our highest and largest Self, and at that time we immediately become the largest and the highest Self.
- Sri Chinmoy 72
One has to all the time feel others' sufferings as one's very own. Sympathy has to be the first and foremost thing in one's life, sympathy and the feeling of oneness.
- Sri Chinmoy 73
Photo artwork Pavitrata.
- 1. Sri Chinmoy, Europe-Blossoms, Agni Press, 1974.
- 2. Sri Chinmoy, 1997, Peace-Lovers, AUM publications
- 3. Sri Chinmoy, Yoga And The Spiritual Life. The Journey of India's Soul, Agni Press, 1971.
- 4. Sri Chinmoy, Peace Agni Press, 1995.
- 5. a. b. Sri Chinmoy, Illumination-Fruits, Agni Press, 1974.
- 6. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 27, #26570, Agni Press, 2002.
- 7. a. b. Sri Chinmoy, Eastern Light For The Western Mind, Agni Press, 1973.
- 8. Sri Chinmoy, Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 227
- 9. Sri Chinmoy, My Christmas-New Year-Vacation-Aspiration-Prayers Part 33 Agni Press, 2005.
- 10. Sri Chinmoy, Earth's Cry Meets Heaven's Smile, Part 3, Agni Press, 1978.
- 11. Sri Chinmoy, Earth's Cry Meets Heaven's Smile, Part 1, Agni Press, 1974.
- 12. Sri Chinmoy, Words of Wisdom (2010)
- 13. Sri Chinmoy, Eternity's Breath, Agni Press, 1972.
- 14. Sri Chinmoy, Earth's Cry Meets Heaven's Smile, Part 1, Agni Press, 1974.
- 15. Sri Chinmoy, When God-Love Descends, Agni Press, 1975.
- 16. Sri Chinmoy, My Christmas-New Year-Vacation Aspiration-Prayers, Part 26, Agni Press, 2003.
- 17. a. b. Sri Chinmoy, Everest Aspiration Part 1, Agni Press, 1977.
- 18. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 6, Agni Press, 1998.
- 19. Sri Chinmoy, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 99
- 20. Sri Chinmoy, What I Need From God, Agni Press, 1982.
- 21. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 13, Agni Press, 1999.
- 22. Sri Chinmoy, God-Journey's Perfection-Return, Agni Press, 1975.
- 23. Sri Chinmoy, President Premadasa: Nectar-Bliss-Heart, Lion-Roar-Soul, Agni Press, 1990.
- 24. Sri Chinmoy, World-Destruction: Never, Impossible! Part 1, Agni Press, 1994.
- 25. Sri Chinmoy, God And The Cosmic Game, Agni Press, 1977.
- 26. Sri Chinmoy, Earth's Cry Meets Heaven's Smile, Part 3, Agni Press, 1978.
- 27. Sri Chinmoy, Earth's Cry Meets Heaven's Smile, Part 3, Agni Press, 1978.
- 28. a. b. Sri Chinmoy, My Sunrise-Heart, Part 1
- 29. Sri Chinmoy, My Rose Petals, Part 7, Agni Press, 1976.
- 30. Sri Chinmoy, Yoga And The Spiritual Life. The Journey of India's Soul, Agni Press, 1971.
- 31. Sri Chinmoy, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 5, Agni Press, 1979.
- 32. Sri Chinmoy, Sri Chinmoy Answers, Part 27, Agni Press, 2000.
- 33. a. b. Sri Chinmoy, Sri Chinmoy, Everest Aspiration Part 1, Agni Press, 1977. Agni Press, 1979.
- 34. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 20, Agni Press, 2001.
- 35. Sri Chinmoy, Eastern Light For The Western Mind, Agni Press, 1973.
- 36. Sri Chinmoy, My Meditation-Service At The United Nations For 25 Years, Agni Press, 1995.
- 37. Sri Chinmoy, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 93, Agni Press, 1983.
- 38. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 20, Agni Press, 2001.
- 39. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 34, Agni Press, 2003.
- 40. Sri Chinmoy, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 10, Agni Press, 1981.
- 41. Sri Chinmoy, Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 129, Agni Press, 1990.
- 42. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 5, Agni Press, 1998.
- 43. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 15, Agni Press, 1999.
- 44. Sri Chinmoy, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 40 Agni Press, 1982.
- 45. unsourced
- 46. Sri Chinmoy, Songs Of The Soul, Agni Press, 1971.
- 47. Sri Chinmoy, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 12, Agni Press, 1981.
- 48. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 20, Agni Press, 2003.
- 49. Sri Chinmoy, Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 78, Agni Press, 1984.
- 50. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 8, Agni Press, 1998.
- 51. a. b. c. Sri Chinmoy, Illumination-Fruits, Agni Press, 1974.
- 52. Sri Chinmoy, Aspiration-Body, Illumination-Soul Part 2, Agni Press, 1993.
- 53. Sri Chinmoy, Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 3, Agni Press, 1983.
- 54. Sri Chinmoy, unsourced
- 55. Sri Chinmoy, Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 224, Agni Press, 1995.
- 56. Sri Chinmoy, The Outer Running And The Inner Running, Agni Press, 1974.
- 57. Sri Chinmoy, Transcendence-Perfection, Agni Press, 1975
- 58. Sri Chinmoy, God's Hour, Agni Press, 1973.
- 59. Sri Chinmoy, excerpts from My Rose Petals, Part 1
- 60. Sri Chinmoy, Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 187, Agni Press, 1993.
- 61. Sri Chinmoy, Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 194, Agni Press, 1993.
- 62. Sri Chinmoy, Everest Aspiration Part 2, Agni Press, 1977.
- 63. Sri Chinmoy, Everest Aspiration Part 1, Agni Press, 1977.
- 64. Sri Chinmoy, Eastern Light For The Western Mind, Agni Press, 1973.
- 65. Sri Chinmoy, Fifty Freedom-Boats To One Golden Shore, Part 3, Agni Press, 1974.
- 66. Sri Chinmoy, The Summits Of God-Life: Samadhi And Siddhi, Agni Press, 1974.
- 67. Sri Chinmoy, Illumination-Fruits, Agni Press, 1974.
- 68. Sri Chinmoy, To-Morrow's Dawn, Agni Press, 1982.
- 69. Sri Chinmoy, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 37, Agni Press, 1982.
- 70. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 8, Agni Press, 1998.
- 71. Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 4, Agni Press, 1998.
- 72. Sri Chinmoy, Illumination-Fruits, Agni Press, 1974.
- 73. Sri Chinmoy, Illumination-Fruits, Agni Press, 1974.